- As everybody is thinking, Applying for a passport in India is difficult and many people suffer over minor details such as what are the documents need for applying for the passport and how to fill the form.
- And many people hire agents to complete the procedure. But in this section will discuss about the How to Apply For Passport Online in a detailed way.
Steps To Apply For Passport Online
1. Visit Passport Seva Website.
2. Click on Register Now which is in the box Apply.
3. Then fill the complete form to create the account in the passport Seva website and you need to select the passport office in a place, where you are living, not your living place. and also make sure that you should enter your name the same as, which is present in the other documents.
4. After fill all the details click on Register.
5. Now you have done with the registration, then go back to the passport Seva website.
6. Click on the login button, which is in green color.
7. Then enter your email address and click on continue.
8. Enter your Password and then login.
9. Click on Apply for Fresh Passport or Reissue of Passport.
10. Fill in the details, here you will have two options, one is you can download the form and fill it and submit it back to the website and another one is to fill it online only. To save time it’s better to fill online only.
- And if you want to download the form, click on click here to download the softcopy of the form which is present on the page called Alternative 1. If you want to fill the form online, click on click here to fill the application form online which comes on the page called Alternative 2.
11. Then you need to choose between Fresh passport or Re-issue and Normal or Taktal and 38 pages or 60 pages based on your requirements. and click on Next page.
12. Next you need to enter the personal information again, and it should match with other documents, after filling the details click on Submit application which is present at the bottom right.
13. Once you have filled the form return back to the webpage as it is mentioned in step 9.after that click on View saved or the submitted application.
14. There you will be able to see the application you have submitted, click on the radio button, and then click on pay and schedule appointment.
15. Then select online payment and click on next.(List of Passport Seva Kendra will be available on the screen with the date and time.
16. Select one of these and then click on PSK location.
17. Then enter the character which is present in the image and then click on next.
18. Then click on pay and book an appointment.
19. Then you will get a payment gateway, make a payment and that will again be redirected to the website.
20. Now you will be able to see Appointment Confirmation with all the details.
21. Then click on print application receipt and the next page will show you a detailed view of the application one more time and then click on print application receipt.
22. On the next page again you will able to see a preview of the receipt, one more time click on the print application receipt finally take the printout of the appointment confirmation.
23. To enter the passport of Seva Kendra you need a print of this receipt. The last thing you need to do is go to the passport Seva Kendra, in the mentioned time, if you have all the documents then PSK visit will not take more than 2 hours. you will get your passport once the police verification is done.
Also, Refer: How To Apply PAN Card For The First Time