If you want to cast your vote in India, a voter ID card is mandatory also your name should be on the voter list. if you don’t have, you are not eligible to vote. Also, Anyone above 18 age can apply for a voter ID(Except those who declared as unsound mind from the court). Therefore this section will let you know about the steps to apply for a voter ID card online. The process is simple and online. before that, you need to consider the important documents required for that.
Steps To Apply For Voter ID Card Online
To apply for a voter ID card, you need to have two types of documents.
1. Age proof document(Anyone)
- Birth certificate( By municipal authorities/district office of the Registrar of Births and Deaths)
- Birth certificate from the school
- 10th marks card(If applicant studied 10th or more)which contains the date of birth
- 8th standard marks card(which contains the date of birth )
- 5th standard marks card(which contains the date of birth )
- PAN card
- Driving License
- Aadhar card(By UIDAI)
2. Residence proof document
- Bank passbook(Current)
- Ration card
- Driving License
- Income tax assessment order
- Rent agreement(Latest)
- Water/telephone/electricity/gas(latest)(For address proof)
- Any post/letter/mail( Issued by Indian Postal Department in the applicant’s name).
Procedure To Apply For Voter ID Card Online
1. Visit the national voter services portal website.
2. Once the page opens you will be able to see the voter portal Beta option, which is available on the top second of the screen. Click on that.
3. Then a login page will get open if you want to open a new account you can open it by clicking on create a new account. else you can log in by Facebook or Gmail, which are available below the page. then you will see congratulations on the screen, tick mark on the that you agree with terms and conditions. then click on the welcome.
4. Then enter your details like your name, surname, state, gender and click on submit.
5. Then the new dashboard will get open and you will be able to see 5 options as New Voter Registration, Correction In Voter ID, Shifted To Other Place, Replacement Of Voter ID, Deletion Of Voter ID. Click on New Voter Registration.
6. After that you will be able to see the disclaimer, read that click on Let’s Start.
7. On the next page it will ask you that are you applying for the voter ID first time, click on Yes, and also click on save and continue.
8. Then it will ask you that are you a citizen of India, click on Yes, then enter your mobile, and click on send OTP, and enter that OTP, and click on verify, then it will show that the mobile number is verified. then enter your date of birth and select the date of the birth document and upload the document. then enter the document number and click on the select file to upload and upload the document. then click on save and continue.
9. Also, Enter your details like gender, name photo, and if you have any disability select the correct one and click on the save and continue.
10. Then enter the voter ID number of the family member and fill in the details click on save and continue.
11. Enter the details related to the Address aked on the screen. Then the declaration page opens fill in the details related to that. Then you will get the form read all once and click on submit.
12. then you will be able to see congratulations, you have submitted your application for new voter registration successfully, and reference ID remember that ID.
Also, Refer: How to Check Voter ID Card Application Status Online
Also, Refer: How To Correct Or Update Voter ID Card Online.