Similar to PhonePe, Paytm, Google Pay is also a payment platform, which helps you to transfer money, also you can recharge mobile, DTH, and even you can pay the electricity bill through Google Pay. and standing in the queue to pay electricity bill is not so easy. Therefore this section will let you know about the Steps To Pay Electricity Bill Through Google Pay.
Before going to the actual process, if you are using Google Pay for the first time and if you want to create your Google Pay account click on the link to know about how to create a Google Pay account under the article How To Recharge DTH through Google Pay.
Steps To Pay Electricity Bill Through Google Pay
1. Open the Google Pay application and click on New payment, which is at the bottom of the page.
2. Then you will be able to see Recharge and pay bills option. under this, you have two options Mobile recharge and bill payments. Click on Bill payments.
3. Then scroll down the screen, there is an option called categories.
4. Under categories You have an option called Electricity. Click on that.
5. Then you will be able to see the electricity companies, select your electricity company.
6. Then a new window opens, click on Get started.
7. It will ask you to enter your Account ID(Which is available in the bill) and account name, enter Both. and click on the arrow mark(>)which is available at the bottom.
8. Then you will be able to see all the details, and click on the Link account.
9. You will be able to see your bill amount and at the bottom, there is an option called Pay bill, click on that.
10. Then select your bank account from which you want to pay and click on the Proceed to pay.
11. Enter your Google pay password and click on the arrow mark. that’s it.
12. If you want to see your payment details you can see it by clicking on the See all payment activity(which is available below the promotions) click on that, you will be able to see the payment details with time.