As we all know Facebook is the most popular social media application. Around 2.80 billion people are using Facebook. Facebook allows you to upload photos, videos. and also you can send and receive the messages. Also, this is the best platform to get connect with your old friends by searching their names. Also, you can get daily updates about politics, news, also government exams, etc, by following the particular pages. Apart from all these advantages of Facebook, sometimes chances are there that, your account may hack by others and use by others without letting you know. So that it is important to secure your Facebook account. So that here we are providing the article on How To Secure Facebook Account From Getting Hacked.
Steps To Secure Facebook Account From Getting Hacked
1. Open your Facebook account.
2. Your Facebook account home page will get open, click on the three horizontal lines which is available on the top right corner of the page.
3. Then scroll down, until you will see settings and privacy. Click on that.
4. Next click on the Settings.
5. Then you will be able to see the Security and Login option under the Security category. Click on that.
6. Now you will be able to see the Two-Factor Authentication category, click on the use two-factor authentication option.
7. now it will ask you to select a security method. You have three options as Authentication app, Text message, Security key. You can secure your account by using all three methods.
- If you want to choose Authentication app methods? Then follow the below steps.
1. First, select the authentication app method and then click on continue. It will ask you to install a third-party app known as Duo or Google Authenticator.
2. once you have downloaded the app, click on the Set up on the same device which is available below the barcode.
3. It will ask you to add a token? Click on Yes.
4. Then code will get generated and you will be able to see the Code on your screen, copy that code and go back to Facebook.
5. Then paste the confirmation code and click on done.
6. Finally, it will show you Two-factor authentication is on, click on done.
7. Now if anyone is trying to log in to your account from their devices, they need to enter the code given in the Authenticator app.
- If you want to choose the Text method? Then follow the below steps.
1. First, select the Text Message method and then click on continue.
2. Then, it will ask you to select a phone number(Which is linked to the Facebook account), select, and click on continue. You will receive 6 digit code for your mobile number.
3. Then enter the code and click on continue.
4. Then, it will ask you to enter your password, enter the password and click on continue.
5. Finally, it will show you that Two-Factor Authentication is on. Click on done.
- If you want to choose the Security code method? you need to purchase a security key and then follow the below steps.
1. First, select the Security code method and then click on continue.
2. Then it will ask you to set up your security key? Click on the Register security key.
3. Insert the security key into your phone. Once you have done, you need to keep your security code with you while logging into your account.
Also, Refer: How To Protect Your Instagram Account From Hackers